For many families around the world, the purchase of a brand new car represents a significant investment. In today’s day and age where increasing production and consumption of cars are key global indicators, new cars have become an indication of financial stability. In countries where a car is not a luxury, but a necessity, buying a car should be just as equally important as ensuring food and shelter for your family. The good news is that there are now 7 family cars that will be launched or re-launched in the year of 2012.
The 5 best family cars for now (pound-eating aside) are as follows:
- Lamborghini Sesto ElementoVarious risendiagonal grooves andFigureuted walnut wood inlays inlaid with satin chrome give the sesto an edgy, rakish look usually found in supercars. Its location on the prestigious coupe list is just the thing.
- Aston Martin RapideYou would certainly know that name now. Its drop top model was launched in 2007. Various carbon fiber materials are used to make this car. With its 6.0-litre V12 naturally aspirated engine and its 16-inch alloy wheels, it is sure to give your normal family car a run for its money. It is also very well-designed and cost effective as well.
- Porsche CaymanSaleen’s flagship model has only improved slightly since it was launched in 2007. The new Cayman has four-wheel drive and a revised engine. Its formidable roadFinding 4-wheel drive gets it up to 60mph in just 4.7 seconds. This car is a serious contender in its class -30mph in comfort, 60mph in no time), and its excellent performance is well worth the reasonable price being asked for. It has a very tenacious 3.6 litre V6 engine that will get you up to 155mph. All in all, it is a breath of fresh air as far as luxury sports cars go. Top of the line xenon headlamps, and its 70″ wheelbase will make it a very impressive family car. All in all, this car is a neat and reliable motor.
- Ferrari CaliforniaOne of the main reasons that Ferrari is the best modern day sports car is the California. Delivering in a slightly choppy but somehow precise driving experience, its 430 hp engine (it feels more like a naturally aspirated engine) propels you from 0-60 in a mere 3.4 seconds. Your first thought upon seeing this car; “that’s not a Ferrari” – but it is. It is the best Ferrari ever made. The California has superb refinements. It is the state of the art car.
- Aston Martin DB7 TwinTopThe DB7 was well known in its day not only for being a pretty car but as well as being a racing car. The idea was to have a very powerful car which could also be a good family car. The graceful curves of the front and the spikes along the huge rear wings suggest it was designed for power and speed. There is no finer way to sum this up than to quoteennes Edmunds, “the car is a visual feast, an image readymade.” And it’s certainly a beautiful car.
The bottom of the list is the Jaguar XK. If you thought this was fast, wait until you see what it can do with 4 wheel drive. This is a monster.Track days will never be seen again. This car can handle in a wet way. It is very absorptive. If you want such a fast, wet way of life then the Jaguar XK maybe for you. You can almost put your self in the canopy. The Jaguar XK is the beast. It can practically fly. But as fast as it can go, it probably won’t eat a tree.
These were five of the best family cars. What is your favorite?